Information you need to know before applying:
NOTE: Upon review of completed applications, those applicants who meet the job requirements will be contacted by HR to schedule an appointment for them to take the Customer Relations Assessment. Applicants must score at or above the cutoff point to continue through the selection process.
- You must be 21 years of age to apply for this position.
- You must possess a valid Florida CDL license; Class B with airbrakes and passenger endorsement to apply.
- Bus operator applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment must pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen and physical and receive a medical examiner's certificate for a minimum of one year.
- Must be able to work days, nights, Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, split shifts, split days off, and any hours assigned.
- Bus Operator training is 8 weeks. (Please note that during training candidates will be working full time hours)
Bus Operators transport passengers by operating transit buses on regularly scheduled links, observing all state and municipal traffic laws, observing all safety rules and strictly adhering to time schedules. This position is part of a bargaining unit. Schedules and days off are bid on by seniority.
This is a safety-sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Our vision is to be recognized as a world-class leader for providing and coordinating a full array of mobility and community services. LYNX mission is to link our community by providing quality mobility options with innovation, integrity and teamwork.
LYNX Ambassadors (our employees) are committed to the LYNX Service Philosophy: “We enhance people’s lives every day through passion, pride and performance.”
In order to achieve our organizational goals in support of our mission, LYNX Ambassadors are held accountable for service excellence by continuously practicing and demonstrating the following service standards:
Safety – Safety is everyone’s business and our first priority here at LYNX.
Courtesy – We present ourselves in a professional manner and treat everyone with the utmost respect.
Efficiency – We take pride in knowing our jobs and doing things right the first time.
Cleanliness – We take pride in our personal appearance and work environment.
Because LYNX provides the community with much needed public transportation, it is important for us to resume our services as quickly and as safely as possible in the event of any natural, technological, or human-caused emergency or disaster. Therefore, all employees are considered mission critical members of LYNX’ emergency preparation and response efforts during an emergency or disaster and as such, may be asked to work during these emergencies or disasters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Performs DOT pre-trip inspections.
- Answers passenger questions courteously.
- Calls out stops.
- Issues slips for fare refunds.
- Issues and collects transfers.
- Observes all state and municipal traffic laws.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Strictly adheres to time schedules.
- Monitors fare and ticket collection.
- Verifies that appropriate passes are being used.
- Writes daily reports such as transfers collected, coach mileage, special fares and tickets collected, time cards for hours worked and completes memorandum cards.
- Completes trouble card for mechanical difficulties of bus assigned.
- Performs other duties of similar nature as may be required.
- Completes Bus Condition Reports.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work days, nights, Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, split shifts, split days off and any hours assigned
- Skills in customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to physically sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen; ability to obtain a DOT medical examiner's certificate for a minimum of one year.
- Must possess a valid Florida Commercial Driver's License, Class B with a Passenger endorsement and airbrakes.
- Ability to communicate in English on the work site.
Pay rate during training: $10.00 per hour
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Clean driving record.
Pay rate after training: $13.87 per hour
(Only complete applications will be considered) for more details click on "How to Apply")
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties, responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.
LYNX - 22 months ago