Under general direction, evaluates, maintains and improves efficiency and processes in the area of operations, price modeling, business development and customer support.
• Provide customer support and serve as account liaison for key business accounts.
• Develop pricing structure for logistics services such as warehousing, transportation (LTL, TL,FCL, LCL, air carriers, etc.) and installation.
• Negotiate pricing with international and domestic transportation companies based on customers/agents requested services.
• Maintain and enter data into multiple computer systems.
• Responsible for creating, sustaining and renewing client/vendor contracts.
• Develop and maintain internal and external departmental relationships to streamline processes for efficiencies, enhance customer service and prevent service failures.
• Develop standard operating procedures across various business lines and agency family.
• Develop, manage and maintain qualified foreign agent listing, ensuring registrations are accurate, complete and updated.
• Respond to customers with pricing and business proposals as required.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Transportation/Logistics, Business Administration, Marketing or related area.
• Six or more years of progressive experience in purchasing, inventory or production planning, inventory management, transportation, warehousing, and/or logistics engineering.
• Experience working directly with third party carriers to procure and manage services related to common carriers, air carriers (international and domestic), air freight forwarding, ocean freight services, ocean carriers and various routing methods.
• Demonstrate highly effective analytical, decision-making, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendation's, negotiate, present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively. Must be willing and able to work long hours and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Motivated to reach goals and possess a demonstrated performance history of meeting/exceeding business objectives.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of hardware and software technologies, communications methodologies, bar code applications, and be experienced with automated logistics systems and PC spreadsheet applications.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
• Consultant or management experience in supply chain management or logistics. Experience creating extensive sales proposals and service contracts.
• Strong understanding or experience working with pricing tariffs and transportation management system software applications.
• Knowledge of Incoterms and/or customs clearance a plus.
UniGroup, Inc. - 18 months ago