BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MGR
The Business Development Manager is responsible for new business development and capture. They must research, qualify, pursue and win new business commensurate with KEO and their assigned market segment. The Business Development Manager must also work with their internal customers to lead initiatives as defined as accurate transfer of customer needs into the proposal process.
Promote products, identify and develop opportunities, assess competitors, evaluate funding availability, coordinate / administer marketing activities and service existing and potential new customers. Primary performance metric is "bookings" achieved.
Develop new product ideas and identify Open Innovation opportunities in response to current and future market needs.
Direct and manage activities of representatives in assigned geographic region: select new representatives, approve expenses, monitor correspondence and provide data and information.
Work closely with and provide assistance to Business Area Directors, Program Manager and other technical personnel on quotes, proposals and in: identifying teaming partners, resolving customer problems and developing business projects for the assigned region.
Maintain an active Market Research database including regional or country budgets and politics, attend meetings, seminars, symposiums and shows; detail customer organizations including identification of Influencers and Decision-Makers. Develop, support and maintain a competitive information database.
Assist in developing strategic plans, identifying required new capabilities, providing feedback on products, industry trends and customer needs and fostering partnerships and teaming with key players to support successful proposal bids. Support business areas in development of capture plans, win strategies, and teaming approaches.
Ability to lead proposals including analysis of the RFP, translation into a work breakdown structure (WBS), schedule development and price proposal management.
Develop and maintain awareness of representative’s or teaming agreements and technical data licenses in the assigned geographic region.
Provide recommendations and assist in the development of marketing communications and public relations materials, including videos, brochures, advertising, news releases, feature articles for trade publications, presentations and promotional items.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
L-3 KEO is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Bachelors Degree – Engineering Degree preferred
- 7 + years of Business Development and/or technical experience in engineering or manufacturing in defense
- Other similar experience considered: Submariner – Lieutenant / Commander or Engineering Duty Officer or Submarine Imaging experience.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of the defense industrial community as well as company personnel is critical.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite software (Outlook Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Initiative and the ability to function with minimal supervision required.
- Must exhibit organizational and administrative skills
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (approximately 50% of time)
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Secret clearance
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 50 % of the Time
L-3 Communications - 17 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...