We have an immediate need for a Business Service Technician (BST), responsible for the installation and maintenance of CPE telephone and data equipment for business customers, as well as Ethernet and HSI full install services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Installation and maintenance of PBX/key systems, to include Avaya, Mitel, Nortel, and Cisco solutions
- Installation and maintenance of Metro-Ethernet services, using Cisco and RAD solutions
- Installation and maintenance of 911 systems, to include VIPER, Cassidian, and Power 911 systems
- Install, rearrange, and remove business customer’s equipment, including voicemail systems, integrated voice response systems, data equipment, LAN/WAN systems, video teleconferencing equipment, document imaging equipment, and other special data equipment and wiring as developed and identified.
- Installation and repair of customer’s phone and HSI lines
- Required to stand call on a rotating basis
- All other duties as assigned job bidding and selection will be administered under mutually agreed upon guidelines of the local labor agreement.
- High school graduate or equivalent; Associates Degree in Electronics or 2-4 years work experience in the telecom industry or related field
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Installation and Maintenance of PBX systems and VoIP systems experience, specifically Nortel/Avaya product line
- Installation and maintenance of DSL and Internet service experience
- Minimum 2 Years experience with personal computers and computer networking applications.
- Ability to use laptop/PC for troubleshooting systems and maintaining customer record files and critical administrative needs
- Ability to obtain and maintain certifications for PBX, VoIP, and data CPE for installation, maintenance, and for other required certifications for new and emerging technologies.
- Able to distinguish between all colors; able to work at heights of 20-30 feet; able to work from ladders, platforms or poles; able to lift 50 lbs. from ground level to chest height.
- Able to lift carry a ladder (75 lbs.) a distance of 50 feet extend ladder to the maximum height, brace it on side of pole or building , lower and return it to its original position on vehicle.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must possess an acceptable performance, attendance, safety and driving record
- Must be available to work overtime and accept call-outs
- Must have good oral/written communication skills
- Experience interacting with customers and performing in sales incentive programs
Posting Date: 2/24/2013
- Current certifications in Cisco, Nortel/Avaya, or current product line offerings
- Experience with Contact Center, Call Pilot, Unity, and Call Manager
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
Posting Closes Date: 3/6/2013
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job