Location: Lamar, Colorado
Full Time Regular
The Business Systems Technician sells, installs, and maintains all regulated and non-regulated services and equipment offered by CenturyLink including, but not limited to, key systems, PBX, voice mail and Centrex services (VoIP Technologies), as well as other data and hi-speed internet services to business customers. Functions as a critical point of contact for customer in team sales program with business services counterpart and provides consultative advice to customers with technical questions relating to their total communication needs.
1) Install, maintain and relocate all types of systems and services within our product line; including, but not limited to, Key, PBX, Voice Mail, Centrex, or data/broadband services.
2) Test and repair all systems and services using the proper test equipment.
3) Work closely with business customers and the Sales Department to ensure proper installation and maintenance of service and equipment, and to match customer needs and demands with CenturyLink product and service solutions, as well as providing information and specifications for quotes.
4) Install and maintain data services and all associated equipment.
5) Maintain an expert knowledge level of all types of services and systems offered.
6) Responsible for all repair and returns of equipment and services maintained.
7) Conduct professional training and instruction for customers on their new systems and services.
8) Maintain technical proficiency on all services and systems in CenturyTel’s product line, including successful completion of any required technical certification or training.
9) Actively participate and support all marketing activities.
10) Design system configurations, software, and hardware for customer; provide this information to team counterpart for pricing and administration.
11) Maintain inventory of Key/PBX spare parts, etc. May also order equipment, generate material requisitions, repair/return and material received reports.
12) Monitor competitive activity in assigned area and relay critical information to management and Region Marketing Department for further action.
13) Effective and courteous communication with customers and other employees.
14) Responsible for participating in the Sales “You Can” program. Assist the Sales Department with quotes and meeting with customers and sales to procure sale of CenturyLink products and services.
15) Responsible for working installation and repair on a daily basis.
16) Must be able to relate well with customers, employees, and other department personnel.
17) Install and maintain intra-company voice and data solutions and wiring networks.
18) May perform internet troubleshooting for both residential and business customers.
19) Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
20) Observe all safety rules and regulations.
21) Perform assigned work independently.
22) Assume all other duties as assigned. Job Requirements Job Qualifications:
1) Education: Associate’s degree in electronics or the equivalent in training and experience.
2) Experience: Minimum five years experience in the following areas or any combination:
a. Installation and maintenance of Key and PBX systems as well as telephone electronics and data systems,
b. Installation and maintenance of DSL and internet service,
c. Other relevant technical electronics experience or equivalency.
3) Minimum 2 years experience with personal computers and computer networking applications.
4) Incumbent must be technically proficient in order to perform the specific work requirements of the job in the particular location.
5) Ability to obtain and maintain certifications for PBX, VoIP, and Key system communications equipment for installation and maintenance and for other required certifications for new and emerging technologies.
6) Working knowledge of all associated test equipment used to test and repair all systems and services.
7) Ability to use laptop PC for troubleshooting systems and maintaining customer record files and critical administrative needs.
8) Ability to meet the public, make sales calls, conduct seminars, and make presentations to customers.
9) Above average written and oral communication skills.
10) Must be able to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training.
11) Must be able to respond to after hour call-outs, be on stand-by, work overtime, shift, weekends and holidays as required.
12) Heavy lifting as required.
13) Must be able to safely climb poles and use ladders.
14) Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record.
15) Experience selling, bidding, and interacting with customers; and/or excellent performance in sales incentive programs.
16) Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
17) Must have capability to distinguish colors on facilities.
18) Must know the telephone industry standard color code.
19) Previous experience operating various maintenance equipment such as multimeters, line test equipment, special circuit test equipment, voltage and ohm meter, side kick test units, and other hand and power tools.
20) Ability to maintain an excellent attendance record.
1) Current CCNT, A+, Network+, CCNA, CISCO, or VoIP certifications.
2) Nortel, Mitel, AVAYA, and ShoreTel business system certifications. Along with Cassidian and Intrado 911 PSAP installation and maintenance.
3) IP fundamentals and fiber optic training.
4) Experience with VoIP, Ethernet, broadband networks, and other new and emerging technologies.
5) Significant experience selling communications equipment and services.
6) Monitor competitive activity in assigned area and relay critical information to management and Region Marketing Department for further action.
All internal applicants must apply online through the CenturyLink intranet. It is the responsibility of the respondent to prove his/her qualifications for the position for which they are responding. CenturyLink required pre-employment drug testing .
CenturyLink is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 10 months ago