2 years experience required
Under general direction of the Senior Manager Procurement and Supply Chain Analytics, is responsible for fulfilling the day-to-day acquisition and expediting of goods and services requested by OSF HealthCare System entities. Provides a superior level of customer service for OSF entity employees, physicians, and patients as required. Works closely with corporate Contract Administrators and Senior Buyers
to maintain and increase contract compliance while enhancing supplier
relationships. Acquires products and services which maximize the value to OSF HealthCare System when considering product quality, safety, and price. Researches and identifies products which best meet the needs of the requesting entity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manages the tactical purchasing activities as assigned in order to increase overall value to the OSF HealthCare System by purchasing products which increase, standardization, safety, clinician and patient satisfaction, while reducing cost and supply chain inefficiencies.
- Works closely with facility Supply Chain Departments to achieve individual entity goals and objectives relating to opportunities for improvement in the supply chain.
- Ensures the highest level of customer service possible by providing order status promptly and appropriately responding to questions, suggestions, and complaints from OSF employees, physicians and suppliers.
- Seeks continuous quality improvement by evaluating and enhancing the purchasing activities of OSF HealthCare System.
- Works with the OSF Receiving, Accounts Payable Departments, and suppliers to resolve invoice and payment issues.
- Maintains an awareness of product issues including, but not limited to backorders, recalls, warnings, and end-of-life notices from manufacturers. Assist in communicating these product issues to the requesters and end-users.
updates to pricing, unit of measure, product descriptions, and other supplier data to the Item Master Coordinator in order to maintain the items in the PeopleSoft Item Master.
- Ensures the accuracy of all purchase orders sent to suppliers. This includes maintaining quantity, price, and all other pertinent information associated with the processing of the purchase order.
- Assures that specific goals and objectives as assigned are accomplished to management and Administration’s satisfaction, and are accomplished in the spirit of the Mission of the Sisters of the Third Order of Saint Francis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred
with one to three years experience in
supply chain management
or equivalent supply chain experience in a healthcare setting. Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary as are integrity, and dependability. Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while remaining detail oriented is a must. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, Word, and functionality of ERP systems
other procurement software
The ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff is essential.
OSF Healthcare - 16 months ago