The Buyer Assistant is responsible for all general office duties related to supporting buying efforts by the assigned team. Position scope will include processing orders; interaction with the Traffic / Transportation department as well as other internal employees and outside vendors and retailers.
Essential Functions of the job:
• Scan invoices for internal tracking.
• Prepare vendor charges for assigned area
• Enter all distributions for assigned area
• Log distributions by group and store and organize information for tracking purposes.
• Create contract sheets in Excel from information provided by assigned buyer.
• Enter PO’s into the buying system.
• Assist with tracking of PO’s. This may include contacting vendors, brokers, warehouse receiving, and carriers to ensure timely delivery.
• Maintain filing system for PO’s.
• Assist in entering bill backs into the system.
• Input information for hand tickets.
• Enter new items using both automated and manual systems.
• Help to get display sheets from vendors and assist in proof reading the sheets.
• Help organize information to be published for assigned customers.
• Answer phones and attempt to resolve request.
• Direct calls efficiently, if unable to resolve requests.
• Communicate in an effective and professional manner with all employees internally as well as outside vendors and customers.
• Prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner
• All other duties as assigned.
• MS Software skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 10 key (by touch)
• Data Entry experience
• General clerical / office experience
• Exceptional organizational and telephone etiquette skills are required for this position.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bilingual – English and Spanish