The Baby Gear Sales Team Member is responsible for consistently delivering superior shopping experiences for Babies“R”
Us Guests. In this position, team members will be responsible for greeting and engaging Guests to determine the type of Guest they are assisting: a first time expectant parent creating a registry, a returning registrant, or a gift giver purchasing items.
Team members who work in the Baby Gear department (i.e. strollers, car seats) must ensure that they ask questions in order to determine the appropriate products to demonstrate and recommend, so that our Guests leave the store confident, excited and happy with the selections they made. Team Members will also be responsible for promoting and selling our service programs such as: Buyer Protection Plans, the “R”Us Credit Card, Rewards “R”Us Loyalty program, VIB (Very Important Baby), and seminar/events available at the store.
The ultimate goal of this role is to create an emotional connection with every person involved with the arrival of a new baby and create a Guest for life.
Demonstrate the use of selling skills by becoming familiar with all of the product offerings:
o To assist the Guest with product choices and suggest add-on items to increase items per transaction and average sale as well as Buyer Protection Plan, Loyalty, Instant Credit, and Very Important Baby programs.
o To ask open-ended and fact finding questions to determine the right product needs for a Guest.
o To use acquired knowledge to add-on additional merchandise to the original sale.
o To deliver supreme service using the STAR model with all of our Guests, Every Day, Every Time.
• Utilize strong Communication skills ‐ verbal, non-verbal and display active listening to assist Guests in making their purchases
• Learn safety requirements for all Gear products and communicate them to Guests
• Use “Make the Sale” concepts to ensure that we are meeting the Guest needs
• Drive sales in Baby Gear department by achieving set goals
• Resolve problems and guest issues rapidly
• Assist multiple Guests and provide excellent guest service
• Work together with peers and ensure all our Guests’ needs are met and exceeded
• Excellent follow up skills
• Communicate out of stock and other Guest impacting issues to Supervisor immediately
• Ensure that all displays are in working order for the Guests to demo and that the area is neat and shoppable at all times
• Utilize specific technology in department (store systems) to look up merchandise, etc.
- Previous experience in a sales driven retail environment
- Strong guest service skills
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal skills with an outgoing, friendly, pleasant personality that represents the "R"Us brand
- Excellent follow up skills
- Utilize strong communication skills ‐ verbal, non-verbal and display active listening to assist Guests in making their selections
- Ability to lift and carry merchandise weighing up to 40 pounds and to climb/descend ladders
- Multi-lingual speaking a plus, but not required
**Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Toys"R"Us, Inc.!
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...