Starkey Hearing Foundation uses hearing as a vehicle to change lives around the world.
We are looking for a talented Back-End Developer to help manage our digital presence. This person will be responsible for the ongoing development and support of all Starkey Hearing Foundation websites.
- A non-profit organization working towards a greater good
- Fast paced and high volume
- Our success has as much to do with attitude as aptitude—what’s in our hearts, not just our heads
- The back end developer will work with our web team to architect, design, and develop websites and other applications based on the PHP platform.
You will need:
- 3-5 years of web application design and development
- Proficient with PHP, HTML, creating CSS layouts, DataScript, responsive and mobile design
- An excellent grasp of SQL is a must, should have experience administering relational databases, as well as creating and maintaining sophisticated databases and tables, and handling database transactions
- Must be comfortable working from the UNIX command line and with Apache.
William F. Austin founded Starkey Hearing Foundation in 1984 with the premise: "Alone we can't do much, but together we can change the world." At this year's Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Annual Meeting, he reported on the So the World May Hear Commitment to Action: to give one million people hearing aids this decade to restore the gift of hearing, and to make a difference in people's lives in new ways:
Our reward is in the faces and smiles of each person as we help them hear again. We truly live through what we give.
Starkey Hearing Foundation's national programs and global missions add up to something larger: a movement that enables the world to hear, one by one and community by community. A movement that teaches. And one that believes hearing is the answer to many of the world's most intractable problems: isolation, poverty, and illiteracy.
Starkey Hearing Technologies - 12 months ago
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...