We're looking for a talented Back-End Engineer to join our growing team!
AVOS Systems is an Internet company led by YouTube co-founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. AVOS is headquartered in San Mateo, California with additional offices in Beijing, China and Dunedin, New Zealand. AVOS recently closed a Series A financing led by New Enterprise Associates and Google Ventures with participation from Madrone Capital and China-based incubator Innovation Works.
AVOS is committed to building great products that people use in their everyday lives. We demand excellence both in the products we build and in the team members we hire. Working at AVOS isn't for everyone; newcomers are expected to keep pace and hit the ground running. We offer competitive compensation and generous perks. But more importantly, we offer individuals autonomy in defining new products and shaping our young company.
Our products include Delicious, mei.fm, and Zeen.
- Design and develop components that provide a high degree of utility without sacrificing simplicity
- Develop innovative features and solutions that enhance and extend our core product
- Establish yourself as our technology leader for web application development
We're looking for driven, creative individuals to join our team. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us today!
- 4+ years experience in back-end software development
- Expertise with Ruby programming
- Experience with Python, Java, C/C++
- Experience with Scala, Node.js, HBase, MongoDB or Cassandra a plus
- Up-to-date experience with latest technologies including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working in a Linux-based production environment
- Strong design acumen and focus on user experience
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Proactive self-starter who takes ownership and works well independently and as part of a team