The amount of financial information on the internet is overwhelming. Our founders Tim and Jake believe in creating resources that consumers can trust. As nerds, we stand by our commitment to deliver information and recommendations that are clear, unbiased, personalized, and complete.
With these ideals, NerdWallet empowers consumers to make better decisions about their personal finances, travel plans, or higher education. We think of ourselves as the first ".org" recommendation site - we never sacrifice user welfare in the name of profits.
Our tools help consumers answer real questions like:
* What credit cards should I get?
* How can I pay for college?
* How do I save money when traveling?
* How should I think about investing?
Check out our sites for travel , education , and shopping , along with this write up about us in TechCrunch!
NerdWallet is looking for a backend systems-type engineer to help us with our global search functionality and to do some analytics and data mining. We'd also love your help creating a site-wide authentication and authorization system!
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* An advanced degree in statistics, math, or CS or something close.
* Experience with an object oriented language, ideally Python or RoR.
* A few years of work experience including some experience with data mining, analytics and algorithms.
Bonus points For:
* Any experience creating search-type functionality.
* The more data mining, and maybe even big data, experience, the better!
A competitive salary, plus the usual benefits:
* Catered lunches and free dinners;
* Paid health benefits;
* Stock options;
* Paid commuter benefits;
* Flexible vacation;
* Friday happy hours and quarterly company trips (Tahoe most recently).