BASIC FUNCTIONS: Responsible for baking within the hotel. Maintain a commitment for guest service and employee development. Maintain the highest quality while having an understanding for food cost.
Responsible for food requisition storage, product rotation, ordering in the absence of sous chef.
Prepare, together with assigned cooks, food items designated by the sous chef according to Hotel standard recipes and policies.
Receiving food requisitions checking for food products quality and amount.
Consult with Staff on duty regarding mise en place and the food requisitioning for upcoming functions.
Responsible for the care and cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
Ensure that the stations are clean and that all food items are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
Supervise and participate in the preparation and execution of food for the baking area.
Consult with the sous chef on daily and weekly banquet forecast and special functions.
Ensure that banquet functions are properly broken down and those reusable items are returned to the main kitchen and put on cafeteria shelf.
Monitor production and quality levels of all food products.
Train, develop and maintain employee skills and relations.
Develop and maintain ongoing education programs for sanitation and safety. |
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Three years culinary experience in similar operation
- Culinary school or related experience.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Knowledge of menu preparation, ordering and production organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Creative, innovative and assertive personality.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must adhere to our appearance guidelines which include haircut above the collar and no visible tattoo's.
- Local applicants will be considered first.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- An energetic personality.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Technical school or formal technical skills training.
$15.00 per hour
Paid Time Off
14 days per year
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-k
- Educational Assistance
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
- 10 paid holidays a year in addition to the 14 days of Paid Time Off.
- Free meal in our employee cafeteria.
- Free uniform.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 18 months ago
Baker (15023) (TEX)
- 9 hours ago
The Fresh Market
The Fresh Market
- 22 days ago
- 25 days ago