Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment is the world's largest provider of branded casino entertainment. Since its beginning in Reno , Nevada almost 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new properties, expansions and acquisitions. On June 13, 2005, Harrah’s Entertainment acquired Caesars Entertainment, Inc. and now owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 54 casinos in five countries, primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. With nearly 4 million square feet of casino space, more than 40,000 hotel rooms and nearly 100,000 employees, the Caesars portfolio is the most diverse in the gaming industry. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership.
Help us roll out the red carpet at Caesars Palace ! This world renowned resort indulges our guests with 25 unique restaurants and cafes, over 3,000 rooms, 4.5 acres of pools and gardens and a 50,000 square foot spa. If you have a passion for delivering personalized service in an exclusive setting, Caesars Palace is the place for you to start your career.
The Baker is r esponsible for the production and presentation of all standing orders for the bake shop to include but not limited to various cakes, pies, cookies, breads, and pastries. Will generally be assigned to a specific station consisting of either production or finish work; however, this person can be called upon to fulfill both preparation and finish work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare all items according to recipe standards.
- Combine all standard mixes and ingredients for cakes and brownies as assigned to production.
- Frost and decorate all cakes as assigned to decorator's station.
- Garnish all service trays and cakes for proper presentation as assigned to decorator’s station.
- Combine all mixes and ingredients for various breads baked in the shop when assigned to the bread station.
- Bake items for specified times and portion for servings.
- Works and maintains workstation in compliance with standards set by State and Local Health Department codes.
- Provide assistance to the pastry chefs with regard to special functions and project preparation and presentation.
- Work requires the ability to mix, bake and finish the product.
- Work requires a minimum of one year experience as a scratch baker.
- Work requires a thorough understanding of measurements.
- Work requires a thorough understanding and knowledge of usage of all equipment used in the Pastry Shop.
- Work requires a bility to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Work requires a n eat appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
Loud, fast paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint. Must be able to mix, bake, and finish product. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40lbs. Must be able to handle a heavy business volume in a timely manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Caesars Entertainment - 22 months ago