Registered Nurses needed for per diem shifts at Page Hospital in Page, Arizona. Nurses needed especially in the following departments: OB (Labor and Delivery, Post Partum), ICU and E.D.
Applicant must have at least one year current experience in their specialty area.
This is a per diem position with no guarantee of hours and no benefits, but paid at a higher rate of pay.
About Banner Staffing Services:
Enjoy the ultimate in professional flexibility and lifestyle variety with Banner Staffing Services. As the preferred registry service for Banner Health, we have provided exciting registry and travel opportunities for the more than 20 years to support Banner Health’s growing staffing needs. We can offer you the opportunity to take advantage of highly competitive pay rates with flexible scheduling at a variety of hospital and medical offices. With Banner Staffing Services, you’ll have the ability to design your travel adventure with short-term and extended assignments available throughout the western United States.
1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
2. Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
3. Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
7. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in Arizona
BLS certification is required.
Additional certification or continuing education are required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired.
Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations.
Banner Registry acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Professional certification preferred.
Banner Health - 24 months ago