Banner Health is looking for a per diem LPN to work at Fairbanks Denali Center, a long term care nursing facility, in Fairbanks, Alaska. 8 hour shifts. This is a per diem position, without guarantee of hours and no benefits.
About nursing at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital/Denali Center
- Provides patient/resident care based on the nursing process
- Care is impartial, regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, source of payment, sexual preference or beliefs
- Serves all ages including neonate/infant, pediatric/adolescent, and adult/geriatric populations
- Uses independent judgment regarding priority of work, changes in patient condition, evaluating patient's/residents response to care, and emergency situations
- Strives for excellence in clinical practice, patient/family teaching and communication skills
About Banner Health
Banner Health has been named as a Top 10 Health System in the country based on clinical performance. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health on the Banner website: www.bannerhealth.com .
About Banner Staffing Services
Enjoy the ultimate in professional flexibility and lifestyle variety with Banner Staffing Services. As the preferred registry service for Banner Health, we have provided exciting registry and travel opportunities for the more than 20 years to support Banner Health’s growing staffing needs. We can offer you the opportunity to take advantage of highly competitive pay rates with flexible scheduling at a variety of hospital and medical offices. With Banner Staffing Services, you’ll have the ability to design your travel adventure with short-term and extended assignments available throughout the western United States.
This position provides nursing care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse and/or licensed physician, and is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his or her direction. This position observes, contributes to the plan of care, implements, reports and documents patient care in accordance with department policies, standard of care and state scope of practice. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to contribute to the assessment of data and to plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
- Must possess a current, valid LPN or LVN license for Alaska.
- BLS certification is required.
- Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice. Completion of a state approved IV therapy program may be required in certain facilities and/or departments in accordance with state scope of practice, regulatory requirements or facility/ department policy.
- Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting, or LTC facility. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a LPN or LVN in the specialty area.
Experience in designated clinical area is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 30+ days ago