RN needed for the Education Department at East Morgan County Hospital in Brush, Colorado. Flexible work schedule. This is a per diem position.
RN will be responsible for orientation, teaching/assessing nursing skills of the clinical staff, assisting clinical staff in providing safe, competent nursing care.
Start date: ASAP
Morgan County Hospital
- East Morgan County Hospital (EMCH) in Brush, Colorado, is a critical access facility providing a full array of health care services. The hospital features a Level IV Trauma Center ; an attached physicians’ and general surgeons’ clinics, Brush Family Medicine; a visiting specialists’ clinic ; and the Alonzo Petteys Rehabilitation Center, which offers a complete range of rehab services including a warm-water therapy pool.
About Brush, CO
Located just 90 miles northeast of Denver on Colorado’s high plains, the close-knit community of Brush (population 5,600) offers clean air, pure water, a very low crime rate, excellent schools, museums, a range of family-friendly community activities, and world-class recreational opportunities nearby. It’s small town America at its best.
1. Ensures seamless orientation of new and/or transferring clinical staff with oversight and influence of the orientation experience. Supports and develops staff including preceptors, new graduates and experienced nurses while acting as a role model for proficient clinical practice, patient safety and evidence-based practice. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth and advanced skills.
2. Develops and implements strategic workforce learning and development services to support the achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice. Critically assesses, plans, develops and delivers clinical curriculum, developmental programs and services. Facilitates learning utilizing multiple modalities.
3. Coordinates and facilitates annual competencies. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Utilizes performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies. Maintains appropriate documentation.
4. Collaborates with department leaders to provide educational opportunities that satisfy performance goals and objectives and enhance quality management activities. Explores innovation, and embraces and utilizes technology to deliver on learning needs and accomplish learning goals.
5. Acts as a role modle of clinical practice. Establishes visibility and credibility. Leads and participates on assigned committees and teams. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership.
Bachelors Degree in nursing.
Current Colorado RN licensure.
Three to five years work experience in nursing. Working knowledge of ancillary and support department responsibilities. Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to take initiative, solve problems and improve processes.
Professional certification in specialty area preferred. Two or more years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning programs for adult learners.