Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is needed for a float pool position for North Colorado Medical Center, Greeley, CO, McKee Medical Center in Loveland, CO and Sterling Regional Medical Center in Sterling, CO. Candidate would be expected to cover all 3 hospitals's Operating Rooms as needed.
Shifts: 8 hr, 10 hr, or 12 hr, as needed. Minimal On-call.
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Enjoy the ultimate in professional flexibility and lifestyle variety with Banner Staffing Services. As the preferred registry service for Banner Health, we have provided exciting registry and travel opportunities for the more than 20 years to support Banner Health’s growing staffing needs. We can offer you the opportunity to take advantage of highly competitive pay rates with flexible scheduling at a variety of hospital and medical offices. With Banner Staffing Services, you’ll have the ability to design your travel adventure with short-term and extended assignments available throughout the western United States.
This position is educationally and clinically prepared to provide general, regional, and monitored anesthesia services across the health continuum. This position works within the scope specified by the applicable State Board of Nursing Scope of Practice, as well as the organization’s medical staff bylaws.
1. Administers all types of anesthesia, including general, regional, local and intravenous sedation. Performs and documents pre-anesthesia assessment and evaluation of the patient, including all appropriate lab values, medication doses and responses, diagnostic tests, consultative information and pre, intra, and post-anesthesia information.
2. Provides assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of anesthesia services. Stays knowledgeable about new drugs and techniques as they become available.
3. Demonstrates expertise in nursing by synthesizing a broad array of information and knowledge from a wide variety of sources and brings that synthesis to bear on nursing practice. Demonstrates clinical expertise within specialty based nursing practice. Serves as a resource and support to enhance the body of nursing knowledge.
4. Integrates knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and critical thinking skills to make effective decisions that enhance nursing practice and quality of care. Uses clinical inquiry to determine appropriate clinical practice. Integrates critical thinking skill with systems knowledge, educational commitment, and leadership ability.
5. Contributes to evidence-based practice through generating, translating, or implementing research. Discovers, examines, and evaluates knowledge and theory for application to clinical care. Serves as a change agent when introducing and integrating evidence-based practices.
6. Represents and advocates the practice of nurse anesthesia through education and leadership. Serves as a resource and support to enhance the body of nursing knowledge. Participates in performance improvement activities to promote patient safety and enhance quality care. Participates in facility or unit shared leadership activities.
7. Contributes to profession and society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable and safe care. Adheres to the ANA code of ethics for nurses. Exhibits organizational stewardship through efficient use of health care resources. Assists with monitoring, evaluation and interpretation of quality indicators. Functions using the standards of professional performance including collegiality, interdisciplinary collaboration, coaching /guidance/empowerment, and consultation. Adheres to quality measures/standards as defined by regulatory/licensure bodies, and interprets dimensions of nursing care requirements at local and system level.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care and patient treatment as normally obtained through the completion of a masters degree in nursing.
Requires current Colorado RN license. Requires current certification as CRNA from CO board of nursing. Requires CRNA prescriptive authority in states where applicable.
Additional certification may be required depending on work assignment.
Demonstrates critical thinking skills to make effective decisions that enhance nursing practice and quality of patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise within specialty-based nursing practice. Demonstrates expertise in nursing by synthesizing a broad array of information and knowledge from multiple sources and applying that information to nursing practice. Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications and database management. Exhibits an exemplary professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a CRNA in the specialty area.
PhD, Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice, or Doctor of Nursing Practice preferred.
Banner Health - 19 months ago