Speech Language Therapist is needed for a per diem position with Banner Home Cares, in Loveland and Greeley, Colorado.
Day shift, 8 hours. No weekends, no On-Call.
Must be licensed in CO and have at least 1 - 2 years experience as a SLT.
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Banner Staffing Services:
Enjoy the ultimate in professional flexibility and lifestyle variety with Banner Staffing Services. As the preferred registry service for Banner Health, we have provided exciting registry and travel opportunities for the more than 20 years to support Banner Health’s growing staffing needs. We can offer you the opportunity to take advantage of highly competitive pay rates with flexible scheduling at a variety of hospital and medical offices. With Banner Staffing Services, you’ll have the ability to design your travel adventure with short-term and extended assignments available throughout the western United States.
This position provides screening, evaluation, and rehabilitation services for patients with speech and language disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment, and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
1. Evaluates patients’ functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized treatment plans that consider patients’ physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
- Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
- Current licensure in Colorado. Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
- Banner Registry positions require a minimum of one year current experience as a SLT.
- Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
- Home Care experience.
Banner Health - 6 months ago