Travel Cath Lab Technologist needed in Fairbanks Alaska at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
Day shift, weekend rotation, On-call nights and weekends.
Start date: July 15, 2013
Travel Assignment includes:
*13 week assignment
* Full time hours
* Housing provided or Stipend paid
* Travel allowance
* Bonus at completion of assignment
* Insurance benefits available
About at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital/Denali Center
About Banner Health
- 152 bed, full service hospital serving Alaska's interior.
- Care is impartial, regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, source of payment, sexual preference or beliefs
- Serves all ages including neonate/infant, pediatric/adolescent, and adult/geriatric populations
- Uses independent judgment regarding priority of work, changes in patient condition, evaluating patient's/residents response to care, and emergency situations
- Strives for excellence in clinical practice, patient/family teaching and communication skills.
Banner Health has been named as a Top 10 Health System in the country based on clinical performance. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
About Banner Staffing Services:
New and exciting challenges and experiences are only a few clicks away. Banner Staffing Service allows you to create your own health care career by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital and long term care settings. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we are the preferred provider for Banner Health.
This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers’ orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
- Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
- Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only).
- BLS certification.
- This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 5 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months in the area of specialty.
- Minimum of 2 years traveler experience.