Travel Physical Therapist needed for Page Hospital in Page, Arizona. Rehab Department: Primarily out-patients, Orthopedics. Occassionally in-patients and weekends. Day shift., Monday thru Friday.
Start Date: October 14, 2013
Travel assignment includes:
Enjoy the ultimate in professional flexibility and lifestyle variety with Banner Staffing Services. As the preferred registry service for Banner Health, we have provided exciting registry and travel opportunities for the more than 20 years to support Banner Health’s growing staffing needs. We can offer you the opportunity to take advantage of highly competitive pay rates with flexible scheduling at a variety of hospital and medical offices. With Banner Staffing Services, you’ll have the ability to design your travel adventure with short-term and extended assignments available throughout the western United States.
- Full time hours
- 13 week assignment
- Completion bonus
- Housing provided, or stipend paid
- Travel allowance
- Medical benefits available
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we’re all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we’re one of the nation’s most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We’ve achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
About Page Hospital
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
More information about Page Careers
- Serves the Navajo reservation, rural communities, thousands who visit Lake Powell and the canyon lands in far northern Arizona
- A 25-bed critical access hospital
- A member of the Planetree Alliance
- JCAHO accredited
This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflects the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goals. Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
- Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
- Documents according to professional practice guidelines set by regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents evidence based and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects skilled intervention and comprehensive assessment of the patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
- Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the PTA, ATC, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
- Department operational activities. Attends department required meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in departmental/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
- Must have graduated from an APTA accredited school of Physical Therapy
- Must possess a current Arizona Physical Therapy license
- Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job.
- Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting and experience must include working in an acute care or outpatient setting within the past 12 months as a Physical Therapist in the specialty area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 12 months ago