Travel RN needed for Denali Center, a sub-acute and long term care Banner facility, in Fairbanks, Alaska. 8 and 12 hour, day, evening and night shifts. Travel Nurse will work as a Staff Nurse. Weekend rotation required, no On-call.
Start date: November 2012
Travel assignments include:
* 13 week contract
* Full time hours
* Housing, or stipend paid
* Health insurance available
* Bonus at end of contract
* Travel allowance
About nursing at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital/Denali Center
About Banner Health
- Provides patient/resident care based on the nursing process
- Care is impartial, regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, source of payment, sexual preference or beliefs
- Serves all ages including neonate/infant, pediatric/adolescent, and adult/geriatric populations
- Uses independent judgment regarding priority of work, changes in patient condition, evaluating patient's/residents response to care, and emergency situations
- Strives for excellence in clinical practice, patient/family teaching and communication skills
Banner Health has been named as a Top 10 Health System in the country based on clinical performance. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
- Alaska nurse license.
- At least 1 year general nursing experience.
- Positive attitude and and strong work ethic.
- Long term care experience.
- Nurse Traveler experience.