Travel RN needed for Emergency Department in Fairbanks, Alaska at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. Primarily 12 hour night shifts, with 1 or 2 eight (8) hour shifts each week. Variable start hours. Weekends rotation required and On-call required.
Start date: April 2013
Travel assignments include:
* 15 week contract
* Full time hours
* Housing, or stipend paid
* Health insurance available
* Completion Bonus
* Travel allowance
About nursing at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Banner Staffing Services
- Provides patient/resident care based on the nursing process
- Care is impartial, regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, source of payment, sexual preference or beliefs
- Serves all ages including neonate/infant, pediatric/adolescent, and adult/geriatric populations
- Uses independent judgment regarding priority of work, changes in patient condition, evaluating patient's/residents response to care, and emergency situations
- Strives for excellence in clinical practice, patient/family teaching and communication skills
Enjoy the ultimate in professional flexibility and lifestyle variety with Banner Staffing Services. As the preferred registry service for Banner Health, we have provided exciting registry and travel opportunities for the more than 20 years to support Banner Health’s growing staffing needs. We can offer you the opportunity to take advantage of highly competitive pay rates with flexible scheduling at a variety of hospital and medical offices. With Banner Staffing Services, you’ll have the ability to design your travel adventure with short-term and extended assignments available throughout the western United States.
This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
- AK nurse license
- Will be expected to pass an EKG test during orientation
- 2 years recent ED experience
- Positive attitude and and strong work ethic
- ICU experience
- Traveler experience