Travel Nurse is needed for Emergency Department at Sterling Regional Medical Center, Sterling, Colorado. Night shift with On-Call and weekend rotation. 12 hour shifts, 6pm to 6:30am.
Start Date: ASAP
About Banner Health Travelers
As a key resource for the success of our many exceptional facilities, we provide travelers with short-term assignments throughout the western United States. Three twelve-hour shifts per week offer plenty of time for you to discover the endless lifestyle options in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. More than that, you’ll experience such professional advantages as:
For information on a travel assignment, please contact Banner Health Travelers by calling toll free, 1-800-827-6477.
- 13-week assignments
- Full time hours
- Insurance benefits available
- Housing provided, or stipend paid
- Completion bonus
- Travel allowance
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we’re all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we’re one of the nation’s most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We’ve achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
About Sterling Regional MedCenter
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
- 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colorado with state-of-the-art technology and a team of outstanding professionals.
- Level III trauma center.
- Since 1938, Sterling Regional MedCenter has served the health care needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area, including parts of Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas.
- The MedCenter is one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing 10 specialties.
- We’re proud to have been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado three years in a row.
This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
- Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patient’s status.
- Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
- Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
- Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient’s response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
- Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
- Must possess a current, valid Colorado RN license, or compact RN licensure
- BLS certification is required
- PALS or ENPC
- Must have current, and at least 2 years, experience in the emergency dept.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional certification preferred
- RN Travel experience
Banner Health - 14 months ago