Travel Registered Respiratory Therapist is needed for Fairbanks Memorial Hospital in Fairbanks, Alaska. Weekend rotation and On-Call required. 8 and 10 hour, day shifts.
Start date: December 2, 2013
Travel assignment includes:
- Full time hours
- 13 week assignment
- Completion bonus
- Housing provided, or stipend paid
- Travel allowance
- Medical benefits available
About Banner Health
At Banner Health, we’re all about options and opportunities. With 23 hospitals in seven western states, we’re one of the nation’s most respected and awarded health systems. We were named one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Thomson Reuters and selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media. We’ve achieved this level of success by providing compassionate, ambitious health care professionals with an innovative work place and exceptional professional growth potential. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
About nursing at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital/Denali Center
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
- Provides patient/resident care based on the nursing process
- Care is impartial, regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, source of payment, sexual preference or beliefs
- Serves all ages including neonate/infant, pediatric/adolescent, and adult/geriatric populations
- Uses independent judgment regarding priority of work, changes in patient condition, evaluating patient's/residents response to care, and emergency situations
- Strives for excellence in clinical practice, patient/family teaching and communication skills
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation and managed by Banner Health. A JCAHO-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. With a strong patient-to-nurse ratio, ours is a Magnet aspiring facility with a Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
- Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
- Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
- May supervise department staff.
- Associate or technical degree Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) required.
- Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 2 years of clinical experience.
- Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
- Banner Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as an RRT in the specialty area.
- 2+ years experience as a RRT
Banner Health - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -