RN Manager is needed for a Travel position for the Med/Surg Unit at Banner Lassen Medical Center in Susanville, California. Day position, 8 hour shifts.
Start date: ASAP
About the Med/Surg Unit:
Travel assignment includes:
- 32 beds, medical, surgical and telemetry patients
- 26.5 FTE's
- Cerner documentation system
About Banner Lassen Medical Center
- Full time hours
- 13 week assignment
- Completion bonus
- Housing provided, or stipend paid
- Travel allowance
- Medical benefits available
More information about Banner Lassen Careers
- Susanville, Calif. offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility. Open since 2004, our history stretches back to 1883, when the Lassen County Hospital was founded.
- With 25 beds and more than 200 employees, we provide our community with a safe, efficient, and caring hospital, with a wide range of programs and services to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses.
- Banner Lassen Medical Center in Susanville, California is situated at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains. Located in the northeast corner of California near the Nevada and Oregon borders.
- Elevation of 4,225 feet above sea level. Here, fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing are all popular pastimes.
About Banner Health
Banner Health has been named as a Top 10 Health System in the country based on clinical performance. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
About Banner Staffing Services:
New and exciting challenges and experiences are only a few clicks away. Banner Staffing Service allows you to create your own health care career by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital and long term care settings. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we are the preferred provider for Banner Health.
This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
1. Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
2. Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
3. Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
4. Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
5. Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
- Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing
- Requires a current RN license in California
- Requires BLS and ACLS certifications
- Management experience
- Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes.
- Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit.
- Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year.
- Travel experience
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 2 years ago