A position in one of Ultima Hospitality's hotels can be a fun and rewarding career!
Ultima Hospitality is rooted in a core set of values; these values are evident in all that we do. As an associate on our team, our expectation is that you demonstrate these core values throughout your day and use them as a guide in your decision making process.
- Integrity : adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character and honesty in all that you do
- Accountability : being accountable, liable, or answerable for personal actions & decisions
- Performance : completion of tasks with the highest level of achievement
- Passion : powerful or compelling emotion or feeling toward what you do that exudes in your daily work, dedication
The Cook role is an extremely important role within the hote restaurant and banquets. This position will be responsible for cooking large volumes of food for events such as meetings and weddings. The Cook role will also be responsible for reading individual banquet event orders (BEO) that detail the specific needs of an event and executing the requests that the kitchen is responsible for. This role is also responsible for ensuring the next day and/or shift is prepared for, managing any necessary food preparation. Individuals may also assist with inventory and ordering as requested by the Executive Chef. The Cook position is also responsible for maintaining cleanliness standards at all times.
- Food Service Sanitation License highly desired
- Previous experience within a banquet kitchen highly desired
- Superior Communication Skills - ability to read/write in English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma (or equivalent education/experience)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull and bend continuously throughout a shift
- Previous hotel/restaurant experience in a high volume kitchen is required
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Ultima Hospitality - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard