Banquet Manager - Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale
110 S.E. 17th St Causeway
A Banquet Manager with Embassy Suites Hotels is responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Position reports to the Director of Food and Beverage.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Embassy Suites by Hilton has perfected the full-service, upscale, all-suite hotel. Built on a long-standing legacy that is both inviting and comfortable, Embassy Suites properties provide guests with More Reasons to Stay, offering open-air atriums, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, spacious two-room suites and complimentary Managers Receptions every evening. Embassy Suites bundled pricing ensures that guests receive enormous value at a single price. Whether they are traveling for business, with their family, with a group, or for leisure, our guests return again and again to experience the consistently awarded, best-in-class customer service provided at Embassy Suites.
Embassy Suites is one of Hilton Worldwides ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com
If you understand the importance of providing an inviting and comfortable experience and feel you can contribute to an award-winning team, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Embassy Suites Hotels.
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Manager, you would be responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Oversee the set up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the break down of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of previous exp in similar position
- Must have a hands-on leadership style while balancing administrative responsibilities
- Has the ability to maintain positive interdepartmental relationships
- Has the ability to successfully lead a culturally diverse team of 20
- Flexibility to support the overall Food and Beverage division as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
What benefits will I receive?
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwides Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Food and Beverage
Embassy Suites Hotels
Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat Survey®. The...