The Country Inn & Suites-Sunnyvale is looking for a full time breakfast attendant and banquet staff, to join their F&B Team. As a banquet server and breakfast attendant, your responsibilities will include:
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be considered.
- Set up breakfast room, clear tables, replenish items as needed.
- Greet and welcome guests; respond to guest needs outlined in Be Our Guest training.
- Clean breakfast room, vacuum, wash dishes, re-set room.
- Set up banquet room as instructed, to include linen, serve ware, glassware, electronics and audio visual equipment.
- Attend BEO meetings to learn event particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Serve food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving food and alcoholic beverages.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in a hotel environment that provides a superior level of guest service and professionalism
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with department managers, team members and guests
- Must possess a strong team spirit
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
- Ability to stand and exert well paced mobility for an eight (8) hour shift
- Ability to lift, pull, push up to 70 pounds on an ongoing basis
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel and twist on an ongoing basis
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group - 8 months ago