The ideal person for this position will have at least 3 years of experience as a Sous Chef or within a high volume banquet operation in a Four Diamond environment. You must be a great leader and employees naturally desire to work with you. |
Scope of this Position
- BASIC FUNCTION: The Banquet Sous Chef is responsible for the day-to-day production of the banquet kitchen.
- Operate the kitchen in a cost effective manner as outlined in the annual budget.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and execution of the Banquet, Restaurant, and Garde Manger departments, as well as restaurants as needed.
- Monitor production and quality levels of all food products.
- Train, develop and maintain employee skills and relations.
- Monitor executive steward responsibility.
- Oversee incoming food product to insure proper quality.
- Monitor and ensure the success of the food donation program.
- Inspect all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation.
- Observe cafeteria to insure proper quality at all times.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year(s) of supervisory experience.
- Requires a minimum of 3 year(s) of experience in a Four Diamond operation..
- This position reports to: Executive Sous Chef
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Utilize a hands-on approach to training and developing kitchen staff.
- Experience training food prep employees.
- Ability to instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees.
- Teach employees the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Build morale and spirit.
- Participative management style.
- Use a "hands-on" approach to management.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computers.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Technical school or formal technical skills training.
- Specific degree in: Culinary degree preferred.
Based on experience
Paid Time Off
14 days per year
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-k
- Educational Assistance
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
- 10 paid holidays a year in addition to the 14 days of Paid Time Off.
- Free meal in our employee cafeteria.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 9 months ago
Benchmark Resorts & Hotels
Benchmark Hospitality International
- 14 days ago
Benchmark Hospitality In Westlake
- 11 days ago
Sous Chef I
- 30+ days ago