M Culinary Concepts is looking for Catering and Banquet Captains. Come and work the best events of the season with M Culinary Concepts. These events include The Waste Management Phoenix Open, The Barrett Jackson Classic Car Auction, Westworld events such as the Arabian Horse Show and seasonal festivals. Off-premise catering with 5-star service for some of the most exclusive clients in the South West.
Our Catering Captains supervise and help to assemble, set up and serve catered events and parties as scheduled. Responsible for ensuring all arrangements meet the requested order and expectation of the guest.
Basic Experience Required:
- Assemble and set up catering requests for delivery.
- Deliver, set up and serve catered events. (Drivers must pass DOT physical, have a valid Arizona driver's license, and meet our insurance requirements.
- Manage activities of FOH staff at events, including set up, event
execution, payroll, and break down.
- Coordinate and participate in event site inspection with member of Sales
- Transcribe information from BEO to pull sheet for all event needs, i.e.
Kitchen equipment, bar equipment, service equipment.
- Direct and assist warehouse staff with specific event needs.
- Assist in loading trucks with necessary event equipment.
- Drive company vehicles to events when necessary.
- Delegate service responsibilities at events.
- Communicate one on one with client/event coordinator on-site.
- Prepare execution plan for events.
- Communicate execution plan of the event to servers, bartenders and cooks.
- Responsible for quality work at each event.
- Educate and develop staff on proper service techniques.
- Act as the “Guest Services Contact” between catered event participants and M CULINARY.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request including wine pairings and special food requirements.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by management, which achieve the established goals of M CULINARY and the client.
- Must have a current Maricopa Food Handler’s Card at all times while working.
- Level of experience, skill and expertise can include a combination of vocational education, apprentice training or on-the-job training, in equal or less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job.
- This requires a minimum of 2-3 years food service experience.
The schedule is based on business and event needs.