The Barista must consistently provide excellent guest service, prepare superior quality coffee and espresso beverages, and maintain Java City standards at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Serves guests efficiently, courteously and in a friendly manner.
- Takes orders for coffee and espresso beverages.
- Operates cash register, handles cash from guest transactions in a careful and accurate manner and follows all cash handling procedures.
- Learns how to make all of the beverages properly and ensures they are consistently made, every time.
- Prepares and serves coffee and espresso-based beverages to guests in a timely manner.
- Discusses and answers guest questions about specialty coffee and espresso beverages.
- Actively recommends products to all guests to increase the check average.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Works as part of the team, respects fellow team members and asks for help when needed.
- Understands the necessary functions of operating a caf such as opening and closing procedures, quality assurance of all products, and maintenance of equipment and cleaning procedures.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Demonstrates communication skills according to age of patient/visitor/customer. Gives proper instructions to patients/visitor/customer relative to his/her age requirements.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
High School Education or GED preferred
Basic Computer Skills
One to Three months related experience, preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Serv Safe certification preferred within 18 months of employment.
Friends and Family BLS within 6 months of hire
Job Schedule: Relief/Per Diem (less than 20 hrs/week)
Job Shift: Day
Job Hours: 7:00 to 3:00
Colorado Hospital Association
- 2 years ago - save job