The Starbucks barista creates the Starbucks Experience for Bashas' customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Observe and support all store rules and company policies.
Ensure compliance with safety regulations, heath department and weights and measures requirements.
- Deliver legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and engaging with the customer.
- Determine and respond to customer needs.
- Provide quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and refunds.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and the mission of both Bashas’ and Starbucks.
- Maintain a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to maintain a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Anticipate customer and store needs.
- Follow Bashas’ operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all members.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace so that members can locate inventory and product as needed.
- Assist with new member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn how to mix a wide variety of coffee and tea products
- Learn the ingredients that go into those products.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to blend drinks and use necessary equipment, including coffee/espresso/cappuccino makers,
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift 30 lbs and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Work with Starbucks ingredients including various coffees, teas, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- A natural desire to greet, engage and sincerely thank the customer
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with other, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
- Desire to learn new products and new recipes.
- A love of foods, especially coffee and tea beverages.
Bashas' Supermarkets - 22 months ago
Bashas', founded by brothers Ike and Eddie Basha Sr., is a dynamic, growing company competing in the most hotly contested grocery...