Plant location in Connell, WA: no relocation paid. Wage $13.55 per hour.
Trims defects from raw product, orients raw product in cutting equipment as assigned. Performs essential duties of pack base labor, as assigned. Inspects cooked product and records written information. Inspects raw product to ensure that it has been cut, cleaned and blanched, ready for final inspection.
Reports any malfunction of food processing equipment as quickly as possible to the floor person, lead or supervisors.
The physical demands described here partially represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A more complete job analysis, if available, will detail the physical demands of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is required. Must be able to effectively communicate in English commensurate with the requirements of this position. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
ConAgra Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Position Responsibilities Trim, sort, and inspect potatoes, raw strips, and finished products for defects, off cuts, foreign material, and other undesirable aspects. Strip out cased product for rework. Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary work area. Position Qualifications *Have the ability and willingness to follow instructions
- Be knowledgeable of safe lifting techniques
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being done
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Is required to sit, stand, walk, and climb
- The primary surface the employee must walk on is a level, non-slip concrete surface
- Must be able to climb up two (2) to twenty (20) steps, with variable step height of up to 8.5 inches, and a handrail for both hands, to get to the trim/inspection areas
- Have the ability to change positions, alternating between standing, leaning against a metal guard while standing, and/or sitting on an adjustable height stool
- Must be able to bend the body at waist level on a continuous basis to pick up the potatoes
- Must have good eye-hand coordination
- Must have good finger and manual dexterity
- Is required to reach with his/her hands and arms repetitively
- Must be able to lift up to two (2) pounds on continuous basis, and, on occasion, up to fifty (50) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly work near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moderate heat and cold conditions
- The employee may be occasional exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Must have the ability to work with chemicals to perform plant clean-up duties
- Must have the ability to work overtime
- Must have the ability to work all shifts; day shift, swing shift, graveyard, and rotation.
- Must have the ability to work any and all days of the week including weekends
ConAgra Foods - 15 months ago
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen...