Mon - Fri
Hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm (Flexible)
South Texas Imaging Centers, Batch Processing Center, 8401 Datapoint Drive, Suite 130, San Antonio, TX 78229
General Statement of Duties
This position is responsible for processing all billing paperwork and verifying data is true and correct by Q/C process before sending to Billing Office.
Essential Job Functions
1. Verifies all facility batches for each patient to include all patient demographic information are true and correct. Once verified will log receipt of complete batches from Imaging Centers.
2. Responsible for reconciling facility batches per scheduled exam. Report in alpha order and will use the batch coversheet prior to sending to the Billing Office.
3. Responsible for getting the work completed and to the Billing Office within 48 hours per deadline.
4. Maintains a 3% or less error ratio on all work completed – i.e. updates of patient information.
5. Will adhere to the batch processing Policy and Procedures.
6. Verifies patient demographic information and enters/edits information in the computerized billing system(s) as necessary. Verifies insurance policy numbers, subscriber information, and claims mailing address and enters/edits information in the computerized billing system(s) as necessary. Verifies pre-authorization/pre-certification and/or case numbers when necessary. Verifies employer and accident information when necessary.
7. Verifies patient/guardian signatures are present on assignment of benefits. Verifies proper completion of all required waivers of liability.
8. Verifies all signed/completed questionnaires, research study requisitions, discount request forms, and radiopharmaceutical and drug reimbursement forms are present when appropriate to ensure completeness of billing packet.
Minimum Education and Experience
High School graduate (or GED) required.
HCA Inc - 15 months ago