“I've never felt more inspired and more purposeful about the work I'm doing in the classroom. My mission is to give students the tools to open doors of opportunity for themselves now and in the future, and teachNOLA has prepared me to fulfill this mission.” – New Orleans Teaching Fellow
Effective teachers have a huge and lasting impact on students’ lives, and students grappling with the challenges of poverty need great teachers more than anyone.
The teachNOLA program provides an accelerated pathway into teaching for talented career changers and accomplished recent college graduates. We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to put their mathematical knowledge and professional experience to use teaching high-needs subjects like algebra, geometry and calculus.
No teaching or education experience is required.
Benefits of teachNOLA:
As a teachNOLA Fellow, you can make a real difference every day for students who need dedicated, inspirational teachers. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Work full time while earning licensure
- Earn a full teacher’s salary and benefits as soon as August 2013
- Share your knowledge and experiences with the students who need it most
- Engage in specialized summer training that includes a student teaching component and hands-on coaching on effective teaching strategies
- Join a community of like-minded professionals committed to using their talents to ensure that all students achieve at high levels
Qualifications vary by subject area, but generally include:
- Bachelor’s degree completed by Spring 2013
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Passing an FBI background investigation
- No previous teaching certifications