The Behavior Specialist /MSW (LSW required) will provide
face-to-face behavioral interventions to adults with
autism in their homes or community settings:
1. Identify problematic behaviors by engaging with the
individual, staff and family members.
2. Develop and implement behavioral modification
interventions based on the behavior supports plan.
3. Collect data relevant to behavior supports plan.
4. Properly document all face-to-face encounters.
5. Solicit and include the participation of the
individual in the development, implementation and
modification of the behavior supports plan.
6. Foster adaptive outcomes that will enhance the
individual’s abilities in a variety of life domains
including social interactions and communication,
7. Intervene as necessary when problematic behaviors
8. Collaborate with individual’s team to provide
unified services and consistency in the
implementation of the behavioral supports plan.
9. Complete and submit required paperwork in a timely
10. Participate in annual planning meetings and
11. Maintain flexible schedule to include evening and
12. Adhere to all NHS policies and procedures as
13. May perform other related duties when assigned or
Typical schedule: 12 hours a week, i.e. any mornings
8a-11a; Monday evenings 4p-7p and Saturdays & Sundays
**FFS Hours can be flexed on weekends in Phoenixville,
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work and licensed by the
State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family
Therapists and Professional Counselors.
2. One year experience working with adults with
intellectual or developmental disabilities
3. Experience implementing behavior support plans.
4. Valid driver’s license, must meet the requirements
of being insurable by NHS and be able to transport
individuals to all community based activities using
NHS is an EOE m/f/d/v
Req. Code : N/A
Shift/Hours : Not Specified
NHS Human Services - 13 months ago
Northwestern Human Services (operating as NHS Human Services) exists to lend a helping hand to humans throughout the Northeast. The...