Paragon Autism Services is opening an office in Fredericksburg VA, which will service the greater Fredericksburg area. Paragon Autism Services will provide ABA treatment to clients ranging in age from 2 to 21 with a diagnosis on the autism spectrum. Services will be provided in the natural environment to include in the client’s home and community. Paragon Autism Services has a team approach, ensuring that our clients and their families receive the support they need. Our services include intensive one-on-one ABA treatment, case management, collaboration with other service providers, parent training and educational advocacy.
Paragon Autism Services currently has employment openings for Behavior Specialist.
Primary Responsibilities for Behavior Specialist :
Behavior Specialists are r esponsible for dire ct services with the client . Duties include:
Minimum Qualifications for Behavior Specialist :
- Implement individualized behavior plan and programming designed by supervisor
- Utilize ABA principals to include discrete trial learning, incidental learning, shaping, chaining, differential reinforcement etc. under the direction of supervisor
- Provide social skills training, and generalizati on of skills into school and community settings
- Track progress and behaviors using sp ecified data collection methods during every session
- Maintain and graph all data
- Create and maintain all materials for programming
- Bachelor’s d egree required in one of the following disciplines - special education, social work, sociology, psychology, counseling, behavioral sciences, child development, community mental health, speech therapy, educational psychology or cognitive sciences
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- T raining and exper ience in ABA strategies and experience working with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders preferred but not required .
- Minimum of one year working with children with identified disabilities.
- Must have a valid VA driver’s license
- Must have passed all background investigations required by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services to include State and FBI criminal b ackgrounds checks and CPS check .
- All positions are full time, salaried positions following a 3 month probationary period. Starting salary $32,000.
- Paid holidays and vacation
- BCBA/BCaBA supervision
- Tuition assistance after 1 year
- Monthly travel stipend with full case load
Monster - 18 months ago