Behavioral Health Intake Manager
West Palm Hospital
West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Hospital, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 250-bed acute care facility with over 30 years’ experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes West Palm Hospital as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
West Palm Hospital has been named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. Only 14% of the nation’
s hospitals receive this honor. Additionally, our stroke program holds a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission and has earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award." These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees’ commitment to clinical excellence.
For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for the fourth consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence!
Looking for an expert in Behavioral Health Services Admissions! This 250 bed acute care is a primary teaching affiliate for Nova Southeastern University and founding member of the Consortium for Excellence in Medical Education. Their Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services offers comprehensive services including The Pavilion which is an 88 inpatient unit adjacent to the hospital. It is one of the largest licensed Baker Act receiving facilities that accepts children in Palm Beach County. Reporting to the CNO this individual coordinates the activities of the Behavioral Health Services (BHS) Admissions Department to assure timely and thorough screening of all potential and actual patients and assumes 24-hour accountability for the department including Baker Act admissions and lifts.
- Accurately document and manage all aspects of the intake process
- Assess/evaluate patients for Baker Act and releases from Baker Acts status as appropriate and by Florida Statute 394 Regulations
- Act as a liaison with the Pavilion and the Emergency Department
- Round on patients to assess and evaluate for services needed and collaborate with all professional entities
- Build relationships with all physicians associated with BH patients
- Foster therapeutic relationships with patients and their families, staff members, physicians, police departments and referral sources
- Collect data, compile reports and investigate complaints
- Develop relationships with community services, local police departments, and community BHS employees and entities
- Hire and retain staff of 24 FTEs, ensuring they are competent to perform their duties
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Mental Health
- PhD required
- 5+ year Mental Health experience, previous experience screening patients strongly preferred. Expert Knowledge Baker Act/Lift Baker Act
- Prior leadership/supervisory experience in Behavioral Health
- Background in clinical psychology
- Knowledge of DSM IV R criteria
- Demonstrate current knowledge of accepted insurances
- Ability to work flexible hours to directly supervise peak Admitting department off hours
- Expert knowledge of Baker Act statute, issues of competency, consents and guardianship
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
HCA Inc - 10 months ago