1. Completes Psychosocial Assessment, conducts ongoing assessments of psychosocial needs and documents Discharge Recovery Goals with interventions on the Recovery Care Plan
2. Collaborates with behavioral health recovery team, patient, significant other as appropriate and community partners in the development and revision of the recovery plan and coordination of services.
3. Monitors patient acuity/progress and coordinates discharge planning as evidenced by documentation.
4. Facilitates psycho-educational groups and family meetings to prepare for post-hospitalization treatment needs.
5. Provision of supervision for licensed eligible Master’s prepared employees and interns.
6. Maintains current knowledge of community resources and post-hospitalization treatment options. Facilitates transition to the appropriate next level of care.
7. Has working knowledge of utilization management functions and performs these duties as assigned; monitors patient acuity to determine ongoing treatment needs and level of care required to meet such needs.
8. Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff and actively participates in quality management activities.
9. Provides ongoing education for the members of the interdisciplinary treatment team related to ethical, psychosocial and discharge planning issues.
10. Participates in Quality/Process Improvement initiatives.
11. Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, and CPI requirements within designated time frame.
Required: Minimum 2-5 years behavioral health clinical experience commensurate with educational level.
Preferred: Acute care behavioral health clinical experience. Recent experience with QM, UM, commercial precertification and discharge planning. Discharge planning and individual/group/family therapy experience.
Required: Graduation from a professional school of nursing or with a MA/MS degree in a behavioral care discipline.
Required: Licensed in the State of Virginia as Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Registered Nurse
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of...