Behavioral Health Specialist
Rural Health Group is seeking a full-time Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist (LP). Specialist will travel between multiple RHG locations, primarily Jackson, Rich Square, Scotland Neck, Weldon, and Roanoke Rapids.
Please Note: We are NOT accepting LPC or LPA applicants at this time; LCAS application accepted only if also LCSW or LP.
RHG is a premier provider of community-based healthcare in northeastern NC. We provide high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations through a myriad of clinical, medical, mental health, education and support services. We provide integrated behavioral health services to underserved patients currently receiving primary care services and have a collaborative relationship between primary care and behavioral health services at RHG.
- Provide age appropriate, culturally and linguistically competent comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment for mental health, substance abuse, and medical needs in the primary care setting
- Provide direct services to patients which include screening, support, assessment, brief intervention, and referral as deemed appropriate
- Provide psychoeducational information as appropriate for patients and/or family members or accompanying caregivers
- Provide consultation, feedback and referrals/linkages to primary care providers
- Provide training to RHG staff in mental health and substance abuse as assigned
- Develop and maintain familiarity with MH/SA related psychopharmacology
- Remain current and knowledgeable about local and regional resources for mental health and substance abuse treatment, developing collaborative relationships where possible
- Remain current on basic funding rules and guidelines as it relates to mental health and substance abuse assessment, intervention, and treatment.
- Participate in outreach educational activities in the community as assigned
- Maintain a regular schedule at assigned clinics in collaboration with the treatment teams at each clinic that best accommodates their need
- Maintain all necessary documentation and participate in ongoing dialogue about content, quality, and organization of BH progress notes, self-management goals, care plans, etc.
- Participate in all RHG meetings and training as directed or assigned
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in BH and Case Management services
- Assist in identifying and developing new treatment opportunities for MH/SA patients when possible
Competitive salary based on experience; benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and 403(b) retirement plan. Position open until filled.
- Master's degree in Social Work
- Must be Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Psychologist; provisionally licensed will be considered
- Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (LCAS) in addition to LCSW or LP is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience and prior experience working within ethnically and culturally diverse families; clinical experience with medical professionals and integrated care strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, make decisions, organize tasks, and handle multiple priorities
- Whether inexperienced or seasoned, seek supervision and consultation with peers and supervisors
- Participation in regularly scheduled supervision
- Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel; able to efficiently learn to use electronic health record system
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
- Good organizational skills
- Desire to work with an ethnically culturally diverse population in a rural setting, demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- Possess a pleasant, open attitude and a professional awareness of boundaries with patients, providers, co-workers and supervisors
- Interpersonal skills that facilitate productive and respectful interactions with co-workers of varying job classifications and with client families in a variety of settings
- Demonstrate an ongoing interest in learning
- Embraces the team concept; encourages and models healthy, productive team behavior
- Valid NC Driver's License, auto insurance, willing to accept travel assignments as needed.
- Physical demands: Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use computer keyboard and perform light lifting. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Moderate physical activity such as walking, traveling, and driving. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EOE. Federal and State Criminal Background Checks and Drug Screen required for all positions.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Rural Health Group, Inc. - 11 months ago
Rural Health Group, Inc. is a not-for-profit, community health center dedicated to providing primary medical care, dental care, and other...