Position Summary: Behavioral Health Worker provides
comprehensive services as part of the School Based
Behavioral Health Team.
1. Monitors and supervises the activities of the child
with emphasis on identifying any problem areas.
2. Implements a behavior modification intervention
plan developed by the family school, and mental
3. Intervenes as needed when the child exhibits
problem behaviors. Interventions may include
removing the child from the area, talking with the
child about behaviors, accessing support of parents’
procedures and implementing plan procedures
indicated with the child, using the appropriate
4. Implements plan in specialty area such as behavior,
recreation and art/leisure plans developed for each
5. Maintains records noting progress and problem
6. Reports to Mental Health Professional on a daily
7. Attends training as required.
8. Provides treatment services to families including
skills training and education designed to enable
families to become actively involved in treatment.
9. Maintains regular communication with families,
schools, physicians, and other service providers
involved with the children and family.
10. Works flexible hours, including evenings and
weekends, in order to meet the needs of children and
families on caseload.
11. Works with SBBH team members to develop a
comprehensive treatment plan for child and family
according to policies.
12. Travels to client’s school, homes, other agencies,
and community resources for purpose of arranging and
providing community and home-based services for
children, adolescents, and families.
13. Provides planning, family support, service
linkage, and referral for families and children on
14. Works closely with other SBBH team members to
assure clear communication and team consistency.
15. Completes necessary documentation of each case,
which complies with the standards set by NHS, CCBH,
OMHSAS, and other licensing/regulatory
16. Adheres to all NHS, County, State, and Federal
policies and regulations related to mental health
17. Complies with NHS ethics and code of conduct, in
all contact with clients, co-workers, and community.
18. Participates in regular clinical supervision and
continuing education activities to further develop
professional skills and to meet SBBH requirements.
19. Participates in NHS quality improvement/quality
20. Maintains client confidentiality in accordance
with NHS’ policies.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Rate: $13.50 per hour
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or
in a clinical setting.
- Two years experience with children and adolescents
have use of an automobile during working hours.
- Must hold a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and
Rate: $13.50 per hour
NHS is an EOE
Req. Code : N/A
Shift/Hours : Rotating
Northwestern Human Services (operating as NHS Human Services) exists to lend a helping hand to humans throughout the Northeast. The...