Are you looking for a paid internship that will provide unsupervised experience in your field of study?
Do you like part-time flexible work with the potential of working over 20 hrs/week working days, afternoons and early evenings?
Do you like to have fun at work, help others, and be a part of a dynamic team?
Then COME JOIN US!
Trumpet Behavioral Health’s mission is to maximize the potential of the clients we serve. We believe in putting our clients first, doing the right thing, striving to improve every day, working as a team and having fun.
TBH is a talented group of professionals dedicated to its mission and values. We are continuing to grow our business and expand our team of experienced, caring and enthusiastic Therapists to deliver the best evidence-based behavior programs possible for individuals with unique abilities. Further, TBH's collaborative approach means that parents, educators, healthcare service providers, and team members all play important roles in outcomes.
What you will be doing:
Trumpet Behavioral Health provides intensive behavior therapy for young children diagnosed with Autism or other special needs.
We are looking for a positive & energetic candidate who has a passion for helping children ages 1-22 in schools and in homes.
For younger children:
- Implement programs based on ABA principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur.
- Keep the children motivated to learn.
- Accurately record information on the child's progress.
- Be courteous & professional with families, organizations & children and represent TBH in a positive light.
- Play games, have fun and incorporate them into learning.
For older children:
- Implement the behavior plan provided.
- Keep the child motivated and engaged.
- Facilitate interactions with peers.
- Manage problem behaviors that occur.
- Communicate confidentially and professionally with behavior analysts, teachers, parents and principals.
- Find creative, fun solutions to children resistant to therapies.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- You could have an Associates Degree or B.A. in Psychology, Education, Special Education or related field that would be highly desirable. Candidates with incomplete degrees will be considered based on experience.
- Ability to work in varying learning situations
- You must have reliable transportation & a working cell phone
- You have experience and love working with children ages 0-3 (Early Intervention) and/or working with children ages 1 -22 in a team and 1:1 environment
- You have experience working in a school, clinic and/or home setting with individuals with special needs
- You might have experience with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or Discrete Trial Training (DTT), that will be beneficial
Trumpet Behavioral Health - 2 years ago
Trumpet Behavioral Health is a leading provider of behavioral health services. We specialize in the treatment of children and adolescents...