Must be 21+ with a clean driving record
- All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
$7.25/hr + tips
Under the direction of Bell Captain
Assists guests with luggage and transportation needs. Monitors bell storage. Shuttles guests around resort in company vehicles. Parks and retrieves guests’ vehicles, answers guests’ questions, and directs traffic.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Escort incoming hotel guests to rooms and assists with luggage. Ensure that luggage are safe and not left unattended. Ensure that luggage is placed in the trolley properly and handled with care. Deliver luggage to guests’ rooms within 15 minutes of guests’ arrival. When rooming a guest, luggage should be placed on luggage rack. After rooming, should offer further assistance including points of interest and entertainment attractions. Explain features of room, such as operation of radio, television, housekeeping service, refreshment center, room safe and heat control.
2. Arrive at the guest room to collect luggage within 8 minutes of the guest’s call when the guest is departing. Understand and adhere to procedure of master key usage.
3. Be visible and available in the lobby to assist guests when required. Ensure guest name usage whenever possible. Maintain eye contact with guest. Assist in keeping the work area neat and clean. Provide valet service for guests by parking and retrieving vehicles and directing traffic.
4. Answer the telephone within 4 rings with a clear and audible greeting, and close the conversation with a pleasant final remark. Keep record of calls for service (check-in, check-out, miscellaneous). Assist in accurate maintenance of bell desk log sheets.
5. Consistently demonstrate personal guest service excellence. Be an ambassador for the hotel when in contact with guests. Maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance.
6. Responsible for shoveling snow and salting walkways and parking areas. Assisting with lot clearings as necessary.
7. Travel: Occasional trips to Salt Lake Valley.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Valid Driver License w/ Clean MVR
Skills & Knowledge
Able to read, write, and communicate through speech. Able to use arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Must be reliable, mature and able to work with minimal supervision. Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations. Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations. Should be willing to accept responsibility for own actions.
1. Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
2. Specific Shift: Any day of the week; 7:00am to 3:00pm or 3:00pm to 11:00pm (Weekends are required).
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
3. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
4. Must possess the ability to work fast and efficiently under pressure.
5. Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
6. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
7. Other/Additional: May experience some stress due to periodic guest relations, also during high-occupancy periods. Position requires an outgoing and friendly personality. Must have the ability to work in a flexible and high-volume environment. Needs the ability to make decisions quickly on guest and employee issues.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.