"The time is right to create your future today!"
Do you enjoy working with individuals and delivering solutions that provide a more secure financial future, but instead of soliciting and prospecting clients you'd prefer to have an opportunity to work with a captive audience?
Are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity that allows you to make a difference, and help individuals plan for a successful retirement?
How about all of this while having a stable income with bonus rewards for outstanding performance?
If you answered yes to these questions, you are on the right track!
We are currently seeking a Retire Secure Benefit and Planning Counselor for our Buffalo Retirement Sales and Service Office to work with our retirement plan participants.
In this role, successful candidates will use their expertise in the financial services industry, problem solving abilities, and dynamic presentation skills to provide individuals with a holistic view of their financial future using various retirement and risk based product solutions.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to work with a captive audience at the client's worksite, travel within an identified territory and be part of a fast-paced team environment. This is one track you don't want to pass up!
Qualifications: Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required
- 4-6 years of experience in the financial services industry with experience in personal markets, retirement planning, and risk-based products
- One on one financial advising experience with individuals required
- Active FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 licensing required up front, additional licensing will be required based on state/federal laws and/or company policy in accordance with current licensing policy
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, sales and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Certification in Integrity Selling required within 6 months
- Strong work ethic/drive proven by meeting and/or exceeding established goals
- Proven retail accumulation and/or risk protection product sales experience
- Travel required 80% within the identified territory, with ~7-10 overnights on average a month. Territory for this position includes Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. With most activity covering Buffalo, Syracuse, and Rochester areas.
- One on one client-facing financial advising experience with individuals
- Active FINRA Series 65 or Series 66, and Life/Health highly preferred up front
- Experience conducting retirement plan participant enrollment/education meetings
- Experience working with multiple retirement plan types (Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, Non-Qualified, ESOP, etc)
**This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Background Check Requirements: Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Because of the nature of the duties of this position, a MVR is also required.
Location: This position may be located in Buffalo, Rochester, or Syracuse, New York
Principal Financial Group - 22 months ago
Ah, the circle of life. For a child in elementary school, avoiding the principal is paramount. However, folks looking toward retirement may...