Touchstone Communities corporate offices in San Antonio, TX
Relocation Reimb: No
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Reports To: Vice President Human Resources
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Benefits Specialist/Manager with a minimum of 3 years experience in an HR Generalist or Manager position, OR minimum of 5 years experience in an HR Generalist/Manager role with at least 2 years experience in employee benefits
• In-depth knowledge of human resource and benefits principles, laws, and procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills; ability to build rapport with employees, managers, and vendors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to type (minimum of 45 WPM) and operate a personal computer; able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
• Prior experience with HRIS or Payroll system (i.e. Great Plains, SmartLinx) a plus.
• Ability to maintain confidential information
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Vice President Human Resources, this position manages and performs tasks and projects related to human resources, employee benefits, and risk management in support of the employees of Touchstone Communities and all affiliated entities.
• Provide human resources and benefit program support to Touchstone corporate (CSO/Trident) and regional employees, Touchstone Rehabilitation employees, and other company employees as needed. Respond to HR and benefits- related questions from company employees and help resolve issues.
• Support the design and implementation of company benefit plans, wellness initiatives, recognition initiatives, and other employee programs. Assist in analyis and implementation of benefit plan changes required by the Affordable Care Act.
• Set up and maintain personnel files for CSO, Trident, regional employees, and nursing home administrators.
• Serve as company program administrator for E-Verify.
• Assist Benefits Specialist in enrolling employees in benefit programs through on-line computer input.
• Maintain benefits and deduction information in accounting software program
• Assist in planning and managing annual open enrollment process. Assist in developing training for HR and employees; prepare materials, and visit nursing homes throughout the company to help explain benefits and the enrollment process.
• Oversee and perform administration of FMLA. Monitor and track leave usage, train and advise HR, managers, and team members on FMLA laws, policies, and practices. Communicate with employees to ensure appropriate benefit payment and continuation during leaves of absence.
• Assist as needed during benefits and/or HR audits.
• Resolve discrepancies with payroll and/or benefit information and/or documentation for the purposes of ensuring accuracy of records and team member payments.
• Monitor and communicate changes to required state and federal postings to all nursing homes; ensure appropriate postings are maintained at CSO location.
• Assist in drafting and disseminating regulatory or required communications for HR policies and benefit plans.
• Serve as back-up to Director HR/Risk Management on employee injury claims administration.
• Master understanding of payroll system (Smartlinx) to assist in resolving payroll or benefits-related questions or issues and to prepare reports as needed.
• Assist in recruiting and orientation for CSO, Trident, regional employees, and nursing home administrators. May also assist with company-wide recruiting initiatives (job fairs, etc.) as needed.
• Conduct turnover and retention analysis; assist with retention initiatives; prepare reports and presentations as needed.
• Assist in management of company projects and processes and to include performance review (QI) process, exit interview process, policy updates,
• Complete compensation-related projects and tasks to include wage studies, wage grids, job classification (exemption status), and job description development/revisions.
• Provide advice and support to managers to assist in prompt and legal resolution of employee relations issues or complaints.
• May supervise one or more direct reports. If assigned supervisory responsibility, will participate in hiring, day-to-day supervision of duties, disciplinary and termination decisions, performance reviews, orientation, and all other supervisory responsibilities.
• Perform other projects and tasks as assigned.
Environmental Conditions: Office environment; some travel (up to 25%) required. Some light lifting of supplies and materials.
Touchstone Communities - 9 months ago