From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish. Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. We need employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
P OSITION OVERVIEW
The incumbent for the Benefits Administrator position will have the overall day-to-day responsibility for the administration of benefits plans for all Ryt-way locations. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Benefits Administrator consist of but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of benefits data as it flows from paper forms to the HRIS system; the HRIS system to the payroll system; and the HRIS system to benefits carrier connections. This includes initial enrollments, changes, or terminations.
· Acts as primary liaison between Ryt-way and broker/benefits vendors
· Provides continual training and support to HR Generalists as they complete benefits-related paperwork with employees and answer benefits-related employee questions.
· Serves as an escalation point for HR Generalists in the resolution of complex employee issues on all benefits, including insurance claims and 401(k) loans; researches issues and provides solutions.
· Manages appropriate data flow to COBRA vendors (manual or automated) and ensures compliance.
· Keeps Human Resources team aware of benefits-related news, including federal law changes, benefits plans changes, and open enrollment periods; creates communication plans to disseminate the news to the broader employee base.
· Reconciles group billing statements
· Reconciles and submits benefit vendor invoices and stop-loss checks to Accounting in a timely manner
· Coordinates open/closed benefit enrollments for all locations, and develops tools to assist employees in benefits selection
· Fulfills all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
· Coordinates the continuation of benefits for employees on leave and facilitates the timely payment of disability checks with Payroll
· Actively communicates about and promotes the use of the various benefits provided by Ryt-way, including but not limited to 401(k), 401(k) catch ups, smoking cessation classes, and wellness plans to keep the employee population aware and engaged.
· Develops and communicates quarterly updates on benefit offerings and happenings for the Ryt-way management team.
· Provides input for consideration along with HR Leadership and broker as it relates to which benefits are offered, providers used, or changes made to the respective plans and plan designs.
· Administers, directs, and reviews employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED required; 2-year or 4-year college degree preferred
· 2-4 years of experience working in a Benefits role
· Strong knowledge of relevant benefit laws, including HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA and FMLA
· Working knowledge of Human Resources laws and practices
· Must have at least 1 years’ experience working with ADP HRIS systems, including Workforce Now/HR & Benefits
The incumbent for the Benefits Administrator role for Ryt-way must possess:
· An understanding of a company’s fiduciary responsibilities regarding benefits.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive and flexible communication style
· A positive, upbeat attitude and a service orientation
· The ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
· The ability to work independently with a high level of integrity and confidentiality
This position is exempt making it ineligible for overtime.
Hearthside Food Solutions
- 3 years ago - save job