Benefits Consultant - Leidos (Job Number: 323294)
SAIC is seeking a Benefits Consultant to join the Total Rewards/HR team in the Mclean, VA Headquarters. This is a great opportunity to join a world class, Fortune 250 Human Resources Department and contribute as a key member COE (Center of Excellence) for employee health and welfare and retirement benefits at SAIC.
This position is located in Mclean and the ideal candidate must be willing to work onsite.
Corporate Benefits is responsible for the strategy, design, implementation and communication of all health, dental, COBRA, Life, Disability, Flex Spending Accounts, FMLA program and voluntary benefit programs for the company.
Reporting to the Vice President, Director of Corporate Benefits, responsibilities will include:
- Manage new vendor service offerings, determine impact on the Plan and update plan rules, and participant communications accordingly. Act as project manager on all qualified plan changes. Manage vendor delivery, coordinate team
• Researching and analyzing health plan trends and other data to ensure program competitiveness
• Influencing plan and vendor relationships around plan service and cost
• Developing recommendations for improvements in insurance plan design and administration
• Supporting the development of effective employee communication programs
• Plan compliance; plan financial administration
• Ensuring proper records are maintained and controlled
• Work effectively with and support Benefits Service Desk staff to resolve program and employee questions and issues
• Assist in managing the annual benefit enrollment process
• Assist in designing and executing ongoing benefits strategy
• Review and update communication materials (web, SPDs, enrollment materials, etc) to ensure accuracy and compliance
• Review and finalize UAT with vendor’s team to ensure accurate rollout of all plan changes.
• Performing other duties as assigned and will include occasional travel up to 5%.
Required Education, Experience and Skills~
Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree and CEBS preferred.
7+ years of progressive benefits experience in plan design and administration, benefits communication and broker negotiation.
- Working knowledge of compliance with ERISA, IRS laws and current regulations pertinent to health and welfare plans
• Participant problem resolution
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal (including presentation) and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Highly Desired Skills~
• Strong knowledge of Consumer Driven Health Plans (CDHP) and HSA’s
• Experience in a multi-state and/or international benefits environment
• PeopleSoft HRIS and ADP payroll experience
• Prior support of M&A activities
• Experience with Plan audits and required filings
KEY Success Factors~
• Must be a dependable, self-starter, detail and results oriented
• Strong team player with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels
• Ability to thrive in a changing environment and act as a change agent Adherence to highest levels of confidentiality and discretion
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 8, 2013, 4:33:18 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...