Job Summary |
The Benefits Manager partners with the HR team to develop and administer benefits for Dealertrack, ensuring best in class programs are in place and effectively communicated to our team members. The Benefits Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and administering new plans, processes, policies and procedures to effectively improve efficiency of the department and services performed. Ensures programs meet team member needs, comply with legal requirements and are cost effective. ~
- Manages benefits program to include day-to-day administration, open enrollment, benefits education, Intranet benefits website, compliance, claims resolution, change reporting, invoicing and budget management.
- Evaluates and prepares recommendations for new benefit plans and/or modifications to existing plans.
- Creates and maintains recordkeeping systems and procedures on insurance coverages, billing, transfer of data to carriers, 401(k) plans and team member transactions/activities such as new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Manages administration of the 401(k) plan, including enrollment of new team members, 401(k) loan or withdrawal processing, communications related to ERISA notifications and investment changes. Partners with our 401(k) plan advisor on providing education on the 401(k) plan to our team members. Assists with the annual Plan audit and oversees the discrimination testing.
- Oversee planning and conducts new team member benefit orientations to promote a positive attitude toward the organizations benefit plans.
- Interacts with the Human Resources Representatives and Legal staff to ensure that programs, practices and policies comply with applicable government laws and regulations.
- Oversees the leave administration and steps in to work through issues as they arise.
- Oversees benefits compliance with federal and state regulations, staying ahead of Healthcare reform and educating team members on the impact of the legislation.
- Oversees the design, development and preparation of benefits related reports (e.g., benefit metrics, flexible spending non-discrimination testing, participation analysis, benefit costs).
- Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and best practices among similar organizations.
- Audits benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
- Analyzes benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of government-mandated reports and communications to team members.
- Assists the Director of Compensation and Benefits in managing vendor relationships.
- Occasional travel to regional offices for open enrollment presentations and when transitioning newly acquired companies onto benefit plans.
- Manages a Senior Benefits Specialist and Benefits Administrator.
- Responds to team member questions and works through escalated questions from the benefits team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Human Resources with CBP or CEBS preferred
- Familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 7 years of experience in a key benefit role.
- Must have strong business acumen with a proven track record of progressively increased Human Resource roles.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws relating to benefits plans including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, Section 125 and FMLA.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago