The Benefits Operations Manager (BOM) is accountable for managing operational performance for assigned client(s). This includes meeting and exceeding contractual performance standards and defined operational measures. The BOM is responsible for making sure that the all ongoing work is delivered timely and with quality to plan sponsors and plan participants. This includes project planning, scheduling and managing, capacity and utilization management, delegating work to meet deliverables, and tracking the status of outstanding work, using either onshore or offshore resources. The BOM is accountable for identifying process improvements that will lead to year-over-year efficiencies in the aligned client group's operational workloads. The BOM is also a contact for client, Third-Party Administrators, as well as all internal Shared Services that impact ongoing operations.
- Collaborates with Benefits Implementation Manager (BIM) to ensure proper handoffs to operations team. Ensures processing documentation is accurate and complete.
- Tracks and improves capacity and utilization of resources.
- Reviews and signs off on escalated Benefits Operations Administrator (BOA) deliverables (e.g., data quality checks, client responses) to ensure ongoing adherence to standard operating procedures that ensures high quality and provides coaching and development of BAs to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Reports system defects to Lead Systems Analyst (LSA) via defect submission process and collaborates with LSA to mitigate participant damage/risk.
- Adheres to standard operations management practices as outlined by the Client Delivery Group (CDG) Operations Manager.
- Monitors client operations dashboard measures to proactively identify impacts; identifies, plans, and manages process improvement projects to create year-over-year efficiencies in operations.
- Develops and delivers client-specific operational training.
- Provides client and third party administrator contact support for participant and/or processing-related issues.
- Provides complete and accurate client responses for participant and/or processing-related issues that are escalated to senior client contacts (i.e., Director or VP).
- Integrate operations resources with Customer Service resources to provide seamless participant resolution support with focus on participant experience.
Formal Education & Certification
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 1+ years of Defined Benefit experience.
- 1+ years of operations experience.
- 2+ years of experience coaching and leveraging work through others.
- Must show strong, proven, independent capabilities and the ability to coach and lead other in the following competencies:
- Project planning and execution
- Client knowledge and responsiveness
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork (including global and virtual team members)
- Process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate and help articulate technical issues to clients; and
- Problem solving and decision making using analytical and technical skills.
- Knowledge of Total Benefit Administration (TBA) or comparable benefit delivery platform.
- Understanding of financials, budgeting, and cost benefit analysis.
- Health and Welfare knowledge/experience.
- Six Sigma Lean knowledge and experience, preferred.
- Ability to assist junior staff work through barriers to achieve project goals and mitigate risk.
- Possesses sufficient knowledge of benefits outsourcing systems standard practices to drive optimal delivery model and solutions.
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite of products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially specific to persuasion, influence, and negotiation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to facilitate effective conversations with internal and external clients.
- Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Daily contact with clients-whether directly aligned to project work or for developing the client relationship.
- Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
- Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Work with global and offshore resources may require flexible work hours.
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...