Member Relationship Officer
The Member Relationship Officer will analyze members' financial needs and educates on alternatives while maintaining a professional, friendly, and a team atmosphere. Responsible for opening accounts, cross selling products/services, and resolving member related issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under the direction of the Community Financial Center Manager, the Member Relationship Officer has the responsibility to perform the following essential functions:
- Identify, recommend, and sell appropriate GTE Financial products and services in order to build a full financial relationship in accordance with the business strategy.
- Establish new and maintain existing member accounts.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of Credit Union products and services in order to educate and assist members with their financial needs.
- Process member financial transactions; originate, process, and close all loans.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in loan origination by providing clear and detailed recommendations.
- Promote appropriate products and services to meet or exceed these goals.
- Gather information, analyze facts, and educate member on appropriate products/services to meet needs to resolve issues.
- Identify fraudulent activity to prevent potential loss.
- Underwrite loans within lending authority limits
- Work with other lines of business partners to promote organizational strategies.
- Work in conjunction with the respective Community Development Officers to develop and grow our community partners
- Observe Credit Union guidelines, policies, and procedures in order to adhere to compliance regulations, and security standards.
- Act as a team leader by supporting and assisting team members in order to provide quality member service at all times.
- Exhibit a desire for continuous education to ensure personal growth and achievement to better serve our members.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of Credit Union personnel, industry peers, and members.
- Knowledge of lending practices regarding interpretation of credit bureaus, underwriting criteria, and basic lending philosophy.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in accordance with Credit Union philosophy.
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures which require judgment and ability for tasks such as setting priorities, evaluating results and coordinating with others.
- Basic understanding of computer operation and programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer keyboard and ten key adding machines.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 3-5 years previous experience in financial industry or related field.
- Bi-lingual a plus
GTE Financial - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard